Friday, January 16, 2009

LIKE ME!

OK, I'm just going to confess. I crave approval. I constantly feel pressure to get approval from my co-workers, from my manager, my manager's manager, my tae kwon do perspective, mere acquaintances who have no impact on my life, the bartender on any given night.

I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to control this ravenous desire for approval. I feel like it makes me emotionally vulnerable and contributes to my pessimistic attitude. Maybe I should just start doing heroin so I can develop a new kind of craving.

Comments:
I crave approval as well, but the worst part is that when I do receive positive feedback, I'm so full of self-loathing that I brush it aside as, "Oh, they're just telling me what I want to hear." I'm a mess! ;)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Creative Commons License
Happy Fun Cog by Jack Burden is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at happyfuncog.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://happyfuncog.blogspot.com/.