Wednesday, February 04, 2009
Easy Does It
I can't tell if my chain is being yanked or if I'm being a nice guy. I'm having a kind of shitty day, and had an oddly tense conversation with one of the software developers I work with. He's one of those guys who I can never tell when he's being sarcastic. So we had a conversation about a small project and he made a comment about how I hadn't done any work on it before handing it off to him, and it just rubbed me the wrong way so I gave him a little attitude back... you know what? This is a pointless entry. This is my problem. Sweating over the small stuff.
The point is that I went over his desk to make sure we were cool, and in retrospect, that's what's bugging me, the fact that I felt like I wanted to make sure that we were going to be able to work together and that there were no festering problem, and that fucking sarcastic fatass is the one who's always making comments to me about my clothes not being ironed or other such shit. I'm pretty sure he's just joking, but it gets old, you know? We're not in high school anymore. Insults aren't jokes unless you're dealing with friends who know we're you're coming from, and I'm not his friend.
So fuck it. If he's going to be a dick, let him be a dick. Why should I bother putting in the effort to smooth things over if he can't have the common courtesy to deal with people in a professional way?
The point is that I went over his desk to make sure we were cool, and in retrospect, that's what's bugging me, the fact that I felt like I wanted to make sure that we were going to be able to work together and that there were no festering problem, and that fucking sarcastic fatass is the one who's always making comments to me about my clothes not being ironed or other such shit. I'm pretty sure he's just joking, but it gets old, you know? We're not in high school anymore. Insults aren't jokes unless you're dealing with friends who know we're you're coming from, and I'm not his friend.
So fuck it. If he's going to be a dick, let him be a dick. Why should I bother putting in the effort to smooth things over if he can't have the common courtesy to deal with people in a professional way?
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

