Friday, February 27, 2009
Old Dog, New Tricks
I think I may have found a field of study that interests me (Communication and Rhetoric). It will take a lot of focus and faith, though, to push past the normal concerns, like a) abandoning my career and b) whether or not my brain is nimble enough to move back into the academic setting. Even if this isn't the right field for me to enter, it's a good feeling to find something that not only interests me, but doesn't require too much of a stretch in my imagination to see a degree in said field leading to a more fulfilling career.
Comments:
<< Home
Dr London told me a bit about the subject but what are the future employment potentials, out of curiosity?
Depends. On the Master's degree side of things, there's a lot of stuff, of which the closest to my current position is Corporate Communications. I've thought of this previously, but held back because it was far enough from my current job experience that I'm certain I'd take a big pay cut. On the PhD side of things, there's academia.
There's other stuff as well, but I haven't looked at it further.
There's other stuff as well, but I haven't looked at it further.
Honestly, we're getting into some vague territory here. After I started reading more about the major, I started to back away from it. The right thing to do, and what I resolve to do this weekend, is go back and revisit the issue and read through all the documentation (I downloaded some PDFs) and make a decision as to whether or not this is something I want to pursue.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]


