Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What's That, Sonny?

A lot's happened in the past few weeks; for example, I went to Spain. And hopefully at some point I'll actually sit down and write about it.

But something happened tonight that really bugged the shit out of me. I bought tickets to go to a concert for a band that I like, and the ticket was for 7 PM. Well, I get to the venue and they say that the show doesn't actually start until 9. That kind of pisses me off because, had I known it was 9, I wouldn't have had to go through all the steps that I did to get there by 7.

But hey, I'm there, so I figure I'll hang out at the bar, drink some shitty overpriced beer and wait for the show. Then I noticed the real kicker: there were no fucking chairs in this place. Not a single goddamn one. Well, that's not true. There were chairs in the "VIP" section, but you had to have a special ticket to get there.

So let's go over this. You have a large club with 3 floors, and you remove all seating from the first two floors and then seal off the third from the general population. What the fuck are you thinking? Why do you do this? So you can cram even more people into the space? That's ridiculous. Hell, you even remove the bar stools that used to be there before you renovated.

The worst thing about it is that it made me feel old. I wanted to go around and break a few hipster legs so they too would look for a place to sit down and leave when they couldn't find anything.

Comments:
If you get a mobility aid you can sit down wherever you are.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Creative Commons License
Happy Fun Cog by Jack Burden is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at happyfuncog.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://happyfuncog.blogspot.com/.