Sunday, April 12, 2009

Random Notes from a Sunday

  1. I'm in a little agony right now, but it's a good thing. I went to the lunch buffet at my local Indian joint and overate. I ate what was approximately the same portion that I usually eat when I'm there, but now it's making my stomach feel distended and painfully bloated. The reason why this is good is because I think the pain is inidicative of the fact that I've been consistently eating less food, so my stomach has shrunk.
  2. I've found that crossword puzzles are an education in how my mind works. I picked up a book of them because I wanted some good mental exercise, and they're driving me a bit mad. I'm a bit surprised to see how quickly I get irritated when I can't think of an answer off the bat, and I have to fight to stay focused on the task at hand instead of drifting off to daydream. I mean, I can't stay focused for longer than, say, 30 seconds on a problem. I think this gives me insight into the struggles I've had at work or with my personal creative writing pursuits, and it should help me overcome the feeling that I struggle because I'm stupid; I'm not stupid, I just give up too easily.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Creative Commons License
Happy Fun Cog by Jack Burden is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at happyfuncog.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://happyfuncog.blogspot.com/.