Thursday, July 30, 2009

Taking a break

Per the most recent comment, a quick update: I'm taking a break from the blog for a while. Honestly, I don't get much out of it right now. Oftentimes I find it to be a useful sounding board as I learn to better cope with my emotions and whatnot, but other times I just get so frustrated by the act of trying to pare down and edit my thoughts for public consumption that I begin to feel spite for those thoughts and/or my ability to write. And that's not something I want to deal with at the moment.

I'll be back, though. I'm getting ready to jump back into the online dating world, so I'm sure I'll have plenty of things to vent about.

UPDATE: I should also clarify that, as hinted above, this also has to do with my frustrations with writing in general. Being able to be emotionally honest in writing, which to me is the whole point of writing, is hard when you're not honest with yourself.

Comments:
Too bad, I often check in on the blog even if I don't always comment, I enjoy your writing. But enjoy the break and good luck with the dating.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Creative Commons License
Happy Fun Cog by Jack Burden is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at happyfuncog.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://happyfuncog.blogspot.com/.