Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Just a Wee Bit Obsessed

I can't stop looking fantasy (American) football league, in terms of looking at my roster, looking at the rosters of the other people in the team, poking around there and there, etc. This is the first year I've played and I'm doing rather well. I should point out by way of disclaimer that, in the player draft (a turn-based process at the beginning season in which people choose the players they want on their team), I used the automated draft; the fantasy football software, run by Yahoo, did most of my picking for me. I picked my first two or three players, but everything else was done automatically.

That being said, I'm second in the league, #2 out of 10. I've made some bad moves, including one horrible trade in which a much more knowledgeable person (I know all the people in the league from work or softball) got me to trade away one of my best players for a pittance. That being said, I've been doing some research and have done some things the right way which definitely contributed to my success.

But now I can't stop looking at the stuff. I check it multiple times a day, even when there's nothing to do. My roster is set for the next round of games. I just look at it. I don't know why. Granted, I'm always looking for something random to focus on in order to take my attention away from what's causing me stress, whether it's work or personal life or whatever. This is especially potent, though, and incredibly ridiculous. Last week, I had no choices in what players to play because a lot of my players had an off day. So I had no choices to make, nothing to research. But I still kept looking.

Comments:
Look, I'm kind of tired. Can we just pretend that I said something judgmental and homoerotic/homophobic? Thanks.
 
Yeah, same here. I've got shit to do. Oh, look at me! I'm a shallow, hypocritical liberal who seeks only to make herself feel good! OK, all done.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Creative Commons License
Happy Fun Cog by Jack Burden is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at happyfuncog.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://happyfuncog.blogspot.com/.