Sunday, October 11, 2009
An Open Letter To The Cashiers At The Two Different Major Drugstore Chains From Which I Occasionally Buy The New York Times On Weekends
Gentlemen,
Thank you for your time. This is not really a subject of great interest to me, but if we're going to keep having this conversation on a regular basis, I thought I'd be proactive about it and address the main points so we could spare each other some time.
Thank you for your time. This is not really a subject of great interest to me, but if we're going to keep having this conversation on a regular basis, I thought I'd be proactive about it and address the main points so we could spare each other some time.
- Yes, I am aware that the Sunday New York Times costs $6.
- Yes, I am aware that $6 is a lot of money to spend on a newspaper.
- Yes, I am aware that I can buy the Sunday Metrowest Daily News, a paper that is also big and thick, for a significantly smaller amount of money.
- No, you do not need to hold that expression of disbelief and disdain on your face for the entire length of our transaction in order for me to understand that you think it's stupid for someone to spend so much money on a newspaper when a much cheaper newspaper is available.
- No, I am not interested in any thoughts on our nation's economy that you might be inspired to espouse after selling someone a newspaper for $6.
- Yes, I do think I'm smarter than you.
Comments:
<< Home
The New York Times? Why don't you just celebrate Hanukkah and jerk off to a picture of Stalin? Or better yet, Obama? Or better yet, it doesn't matter BECAUSE THEY'RE THE SAME PERSON.
You make me sick. I'll never read this blog again.
You make me sick. I'll never read this blog again.
This is disgusting. Who are you to say that you're better than somebody or smarter than them? Why, because they work in a drug store? You don't know anything about them. You're an elitist and probably a racist and a sexist. I'll never read this blog again.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

