Monday, December 14, 2009
A fitting book
I've been reading a great book lately. I won't mention the title lest I offend people with scrunched tastes in Southern literature, though if one were to look for it in a library it could be find by searching for "Edisto." Anyway, a particular passage struck me as being fitting to this part of my life, excluding the promiscuous drifters, fish, juke joints, and imperious but ultimately practical mothers:
This was heavy news. Taurus was good as gone. That didn't really bother me, especially because of the yet confusing whiskey revelation, but I knew I'd get over that and like him the same for showing me all he did, in the end. But I hadn't figured leaving the neighborhood - accessible mullet and the Baby Grand, the sporting life, being the Duchess's boy, and all that. That would be tough. I just figured I'd be tough, something was finally happening good or bad for damn sure, and if the good old days were on a respirator, I'd do them the service of going around and pulling the plug.
This was heavy news. Taurus was good as gone. That didn't really bother me, especially because of the yet confusing whiskey revelation, but I knew I'd get over that and like him the same for showing me all he did, in the end. But I hadn't figured leaving the neighborhood - accessible mullet and the Baby Grand, the sporting life, being the Duchess's boy, and all that. That would be tough. I just figured I'd be tough, something was finally happening good or bad for damn sure, and if the good old days were on a respirator, I'd do them the service of going around and pulling the plug.
Comments:
<< Home
I was jut talking about what I'd read on Amazon. I would read it myself before forming an actual opinion. Still, my default position on all books before reading them is that they suck.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

