Sunday, January 24, 2010
Things that are felt but best left unsaid in day-to-day company
That is an absolutely horrible title for a post, but I can't justify spending too much time on it. In a heroic gesture symbolizing my dedication towards being a productive type today, I hereby admit defeat on the post title and move on.
Today, like most Sundays, I am doing my cooking for the week. I tried a new recipe, a simple little thang for roast vegetables, and it worked out well. Not only that, but I did it while cooking a second dish. As I I enjoyed the fact that I was cooking healthy food and showing significant improvement in my cooking skills, I was struck by this image: putting the cooked food into the containers I use for storing my meals over the course of the week reminded me of looking down at a condom bulging with a big load of semen after a good fuck. The sense of triumph, of "Look at what I have created!" is similar and most satisfying.
Today, like most Sundays, I am doing my cooking for the week. I tried a new recipe, a simple little thang for roast vegetables, and it worked out well. Not only that, but I did it while cooking a second dish. As I I enjoyed the fact that I was cooking healthy food and showing significant improvement in my cooking skills, I was struck by this image: putting the cooked food into the containers I use for storing my meals over the course of the week reminded me of looking down at a condom bulging with a big load of semen after a good fuck. The sense of triumph, of "Look at what I have created!" is similar and most satisfying.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

